About this report: “Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017” provides insights into the global oncology therapeutics market and market forecasts until 2017.
Publisher: GBI Research
Publication date: 31-Dec-2011
“Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development”, provides insights into the global oncology therapeutics market and market forecasts until 2017. The report provides an in-depth analysis of major oncology indications, which includes breast cancer, colorectal cancer, Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC), prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and head and neck cancer. The report also includes insights into the oncology therapeutics R&D pipeline. It analyzes the competitive landscape in the oncology therapeutics market through analysis of M&A, licensing and co-development deals. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the global oncology therapeutics market was valued at $33.3 billion in 2010, increasing from $12.8 billion in 2002 to $33.3 billion at a CAGR of 12.7% during the review period 2002–2010. The market is projected to witness moderate growth of 5.7% during the forecast period 2010–2017 to reach $48.9 billion in 2017. The moderate growth of the market can be attributed to patent expiries for major drugs, including Taxotere (docetaxel) and Eloxatin (oxaliplatin), and the presence of strong targeted therapies in many therapeutic indications including breast cancer, colorectal cancer and NHL. The other major indications that have the presence of targeted therapeutics are expected to witness increased competition due to the launch of new targeted therapeutics during the forecast period. The pipeline for the oncology therapeutics market is strong and is expected produce targeted drugs with better safety and efficacy profiles. Competitive activity is high in the oncology therapeutics market and is expected to increase due to the need for new therapeutics to meet the unmet needs of late-stage cancer patients.
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential region and oncology therapeutics market segments poised for strong growth.
- Create a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers of the global oncology therapeutics market.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and top selling therapeutics of leading companies.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships."
- Data and analysis on the global oncology therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world – the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the oncology therapeutics market from 2002-2010 with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape which covers breast cancer, colorectal cancer, NHL, NSCLC, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and head and neck cancer. This includes market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, treatment flow algorithm and branded and generic share.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the global oncology therapeutics market which includes companies such as Roche, Sanofi, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly, and Novartis.
- Key M&A activities and licensing and co-development agreements that took place from 2007-2011 in the global oncology therapeutics market.
To request table of contents or for further information about this report, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.